As the temperatures get warmer, dreams of vacations and summer planning are starting to come to the forefront. What better way to start off your summer routine than by expanding your yoga practice.
Consistent practice, or sadhana, has been a part of yoga tradition for thousands of years. It’s a commitment you make to yourself to practice something over a period of time.
Take our 7-day Yoga Challenge during the month of August. You pick the day you want to start and when the seven consecutive days of practice days are completed, your name will be entered into a drawing for a free facial or massage! The drawing will be held on September 1st.
Your asana practice is the gateway to the yoga lifestyle. In addition to practicing the yoga postures during the entire month:
- Take 10 minutes to write a journal entry. This is called svadhyaya or self-study.
- Take 10 minutes of silent meditation or centering prayer, called dhyana.
- You could stop complaining. One of the niyamas is contentment or santosa.
- Instead of eating candy, you could eat fruit. This relates to the niyama of cleanliness or sauca.
- You could give something to Goodwill or a thrift store. One of the yamas is non-hoarding or aparigraha.
Take your yoga off the mat!
Save the Trees!
Paper schedules are available at the studio. When possible please check the website as we are trying to cut down on paper use to save a few trees. In gratitude.
Don’t Forget Yoga Etiquette:
Please come 5 minutes early, fragrance free!